Thursday, April 10, 2008

5 months and 3 days

Honestly, I can't believe we have been waiting 5 months and 3 days for our referral. It seems to fly by, really. I cannot tell a lie. I think part of it is that I have made myself super busy during this time for that exact reason.
We are still number 21 on the list. I think I may have mentioned it before but our agency is keeping us at the same number through the entire process. It makes it hard though to know where we really are. Oh, well, I guess I like surprises.
I can report that our agency has just gotten licensed in 2 new provinces so maybe that will move things along a bit. I am not sure. I mean, really, we can't really guess at what rate people are having children now, can we? I know when the right one comes along, she will be ours.
Until then, I keep praying that her birth mother has enough food to keep her healthy during her pregnancy and that she is well taken care of and can get the care she needs.
Just wanted to post something to keep you all in the loop.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Hello, we're going thru international adoption...and i see you're in the bay area (as are we). our i171h form arrived yesterday (yippee) and now has to be notarized. we went to sacramento, and the secretary of state would not authenticate the federal document (as it is a federal document, and they are STATE).

so...what did you do? did you make a copy of the document, notarize that the copy is 'a true copy' and have that authenticated?

The Maltese Kat said...

Yes, we did exactly that, made a copy (kept the original) and wrote a letter stating it was a true copy and had that notarized.
Congratulations!

Jess and Paul said...

Wow, you have a great attitude! The wait is worth it!!!

The Maltese Kat said...

Thanks Jess! I appreciate your comment, it is hard, but really the only frame of mind to keep these days. I believe anything can come from a little faith and a positive attitude. I love your blog and your Pheobe is super cute!