Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Wait Time

10-15/18 months is the most updated wait time. It was worded exactly like that “10-15/18”, they should just say 12-18.
So, minus the 5.5 we have under our belts it could be as soon as Fall of 2008 or as late as May 2009 that we get the call and then we would have to wait to travel SO maybe by my 35th birthday I will be a Mom. Honestly, I can’t imagine 2 more Mother’s Day’s passing without my baby! This year is going to be hard enough.
I am going nuts, having a hard time, but will get over it. Really, I know there is no telling at what rate children are going to be up for adoption and there is NOTHING we can do. I have written all the people I can write as a waiting parent (i.e.: government officials).
So……
We are taking on a home improvement project per my Mom's suggestion. Tim and I are going to gut and finally paint the living room, bedroom and kitchen! I need one more thing to help pass the time and there is no time like the present to get the house ready for when Olive comes home. A fresh, clean, new coat of paint will revive our place a little I hope and help make the wait not so bad. It is going to be a HUGE undertaking because we have a lot of cracks to fill, sand, prime, etc. but we are looking forward to it. Now, if I could just commit to a color or two!

No comments: