Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Heavy Heart today...

Well, today marks 60 days before the closing of adoptions between the US and Vietnam. Babies have to be in the orphanage for 60 days before they are eligible to be adopted. It looks like my little Olive may not be coming from Vietnam as of now.
On another sad note, another family (who happens to live in my hometown) from our agency who was matched with their child in November found out that they are not going to be able to complete the adoption and bring their baby home. It is very sad, I can't imagine looking at her photo for that long and then finding out that it is not going to work out. I am sad for all of us involved in this mess.
Nothing more to say at this time...I am exhausted in every way possible.

3 comments:

pomegranate seed said...

i just sent you an email to your work email address, my dear... my thoughts are with you and tim today... stretching all across the globe from new zealand... i'm thinking of you and sending support and love to you both...

Anonymous said...

Katie,
It goes without saying that I am very sad also. I am sad for you, Tim, all the Vietnamese babies who so desperately need a loving home, and also for myself. We have to keep the positive energy flowing, and know that somehow something good will come of all of this. As always, I love you very much, you are in my heart.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kater,
I'm so sorry about all of this but I will keep thinking positive thoughts for you and Tim. Someday soon you will be parents to an amazing little Olive where ever she may come from.
I love you and miss you,
Ang